The VERSO is a simplified version of the REVERSO 3 offering a lighter and more compact option for climbers looking to further reduce the weight/size of their rack of gear. The asymmetrical V-shaped grooved friction channels adapt the friction for better control using our ARC (Adaptive Rope Control) technology. Asymmetrical grooved sidewalls decrease friction when taking in slack for greater ease of use. Super compact design is easy to use and doesn't take up much space on your rack. Rope friendly design separates the two strands of rope when belaying with half/twin ropes or while rappelling thus helping to prevents kinks. Stiff keeper cable will not get sucked into the device, helps maintain the optimal position during use, and aids in preventing loss during transitions. Usage diagram engraved on device for ease of use. Use with symmetrical shaped locking carabiners (Am'D or OK) to maximize efficiency no matter which end is closest to the device. 3-year manufacturer's guarantee.
- Petzl's lightest belay/rappel device with Adaptive Rope Control technology
- Ultra-light design at 57g. 31% lighter than the Reverso 3. Hot-forged aluminum
- For use on single ropes (? 8.9 mm), half (? 8 mm) and twin ropes (? 7.5 mm)
- ARC technology adapts to the diameter of rope used by increasing or decreasing the braking friction on the rope according to its diameter and conditions
- Increased friction on thinner ropes. Adapted friction for efficiency with larger diameter ropes