This multi-purpose belay/rappel device is ultra-light (59 g, 25 % lighter than the REVERSO 3) and intuitive to use. V-shaped friction channels with asymmetrical lateral grooves adapt the friction to the type of rope for better control (ARC technology: braking control for twin, half and single dynamic ropes). Reverso mode for belaying one or two seconds with assisted braking. Carabiner hole allows the loaded device in Reverso mode to be easily and gradually released with only a carabiner. Rope friendly, allows for smooth belaying and rope handling:. will not kink the ropes regardless of the mode used. Separates the two strands of rope when belaying and rappelling. Intuitive use: Reverso mode aluminum attachment point is easy to identify. Keeper cable keeps the device from moving up the rope when belaying and reduces chances of losing the device. Usage diagrams (standard belay and Reverso modes) engraved on device. Use with symmetrical locking carabiners (Am'D or WILLIAM) to maximize efficiency. Rope compatibility: for use on half ropes & twin ropes ? 7.5 mm and single ropes ? 8.9 mm. Material: Hot forged aluminum body. Certification(s): UIAA.
- Ultra-light design: minimalist construction. Hot-forged aluminum. Weight: 59 g
- A single device for all rope types: effective braking on half and twin ropes ? 7.5 mm. Effective braking on single ropes ? 8.9 mm. Can belay the leader, one or two seconding climbers and can be used for rappelling
- Independent and simultaneous belaying of one or two seconding climbers in Reverso mode. Quick changeovers from Reverso mode to belaying the leader when climbing multi-pitch routes
- V-shaped friction channels: increased friction on thin ropes. Friction is adapted for larger diameter ropes. Increases the locking pressure on the ropes in Reverso mode
- Asymmetrically grooved sidewalls: increased braking power during a leader or top rope fall or while rappelling. Rope slides smoothly through device when taking up slack